I'm not using this bloggy thing-a-ma-jigger as much as I had hoped that I would. I'm a shitty blogger.
Ah well, I'm unemployed and lazy. For the first time in years I'm consistently sleeping in past 9 am. I actually feel a tad guilty when I wake up, I feel like I should be utilizing my time better or something. But after I get up and make breakfast, check email, clean up the apartment and it's only 11 am, I ask myself why I got up so early when there's absolutely nothing to do. I don't live in a place that's condusive to walking. It's a city designed for the almighty automobile. So I can't just go for a nice walk to a quaint coffeeshop and read a book for a few hours. Oh sure, I could walk over to the nearby Tim Horton's, but there's something about the ambience that just doesn't say relax, sip a hot bevvy, read your book. Instead there's a sign posted that tells you that you're only allowed to be there for 20 minutes, and the drive through is making all sorts of noise, and there's a gaggle of old ladies talking about their doctor's appointements and their arthritis and there are people coming in and out letting the cold wind blow in through the open door and the seats are made of hard plastic and metal. It's just awful. Where I live pretty much sucks. A sea of franchises and big box malls. Blech.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment