Wednesday, April 2, 2008

waiting is hard

I'm wound up so tight right now. There's this dog that I want, she's gone through hell and back and is on the road to recovery. Despite what she's been through she still has the capacity to love humans. I'm waiting for a decision from the woman who found her and is currently fostering her.

There are other people who want her and I think have a better chance of getting her due to being in closer proximity to the foster mom. I'm a wreck, I want her so much. I probably shouldn't have done this, but I went out and bought a collar and leash today. It's pretty without being too girly. I think I just set myself up for some serious disappointment. Waiting is torture.

She's just over a year old (an approximate guess by the vet), she appears to be a Rottweiler/Lab/Border Collie cross. She's got a sweet face with a little underbite. Her face isn't very Rottweiler-like, she's got a longer snout and a narrower head, but she's got the brown colouring on her legs. She's longer haired than a Rottweiler as well. She's well trained and is super friendly, she'd be the perfect dog for us as first time dog owners.

My stomach is so tight, I can't stand this waiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.