They totally rocked out last night. I hadn't really listened to them before and went because N likes them. We have the same taste in music so I didn't have any doubts that I would enjoy them, and I liked not knowing what to expect. They were effing amazing!! They were both so into what they were doing, it was just as enjoyable to watch them do their thing as it was to listen to them. We might go to see them again tomorrow night in another city.
The only thing that detracted from my complete and utter enjoyment of the show were these 3 middle aged men, all taller than most of the crowd, with typical middle aged spread around the middle. They were wearing leather jackets and looked stereotypically like mafia. They stood out like sore thumbs right in the middle of the crowd. Sure, they could have been fans, but they all seemed quite disinterested, never clapped when a song finished and were talking to each other alot and texting on their phones. One of the dudes looked like he was trying hard to fight falling asleep (which is mind boggling, since the show was so fucking loud!). He eventually left his partners. Every time the one guy raised his beer to his mouth it was hard not to notice the giant pinky ring. Who wears a pinky ring? It just seemed too weird to me, then my imagination took over. I had images of these guys carrying out a hit during the loud parts of the show, or opening fire on the crowd. I made eye contact way too many times and I'm sure they thought something was wrong with me. Ah well, I just hope they're not at the show tomorrow night. :D
The Handsome Furs rocked me last night.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment