Saturday, December 1, 2007

i'm all alone

I'm at my parents' place back in my hometown, my husband, N, is playing poker with friends in our current town. I came to do some xmas baking with my mom and grandma. I like visiting my hometown, it gives me these great feelings of nostalgia, but at the same time I feel a bit sad. That part of my life is over, the people I knew have moved on, the places I used to go to have changed. Some of my friends still live in the area, but they've started families and don't really have as much time for socializing.

So tonight, my parents are at a friend's house, my siblings live in different cities with their significant others, my husband is at home, my best friend is at her daughter's hockey game then off to some other engagement. Did I mention I have a nasty cold and no one wants to come near me? Anyways, I'm feeling a bit lonely, sitting here in my old bedroom that has been converted into a home office, now that's depressing.

This weekend is not unfurling like I had originally planned. I was supposed to spend tonight bonding with my parents sans N, then spend tomorrow baking with my grandma (she cancelled to hang out with my uncle). I still get to bake with my mom though, that'll be nice.

Now I'll stop complaining.

No comments: